Sunday, June 22, 2008

Virginia flora, fauna and friend



One of the joys of being in Virginia is the surroundings of farm life and flower gardens. I have found it to be the ideal place for reading, praying, and thinking, all of which I have needed.



Bird identifications have included cardinals, an owl, and a glorious gold finch; the sound of the birds in the morning is a welcome symphony. Maximus the horse is truly gigantic, and a most friendly fellow.



The light of the sunset glows now, and I can hear the call of an owl out to my left. I am helping with some work during my visit here, but it can't help but be softened by the beauty out these windows. I am so glad to be here.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...