Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Anticipation


I have been busy planning menus and seating arrangements and sprucing up the garden for the dinner party/graduation fete we are having on Sunday. So busy, in fact, that I almost forgot the most important part: some of my very favorite girls in the whole world will be here. Knit to my heart like family, three girls are traveling long distances to be here to celebrate with us. I know little snatches of how they are, but I long to hear their stories and their music and their laughter and their reading aloud. I am ready to welcome them with arms thrown open wide, to see their beautiful smiles and the glow of their budding lives around our party table.

Over the next few days we will be stringing up the twinkle lights, ironing the linens, getting the silver sparkling. But my heart will be eager to head to the airport for my Southern California girl, and my ears will be listening for the popping gravel that signals that my adopted nieces have arrived from Oregon.

I cannot wait to see you girls. Hurry home!

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...