Thursday, July 09, 2009

Summer reading challenge change

It's confirmed: I am not up for The Idiot. I was already wondering, and then the two girls who have already read more and understood more than I could ever hope to said this: "That book takes forever to get through. I still haven't done it." This from girls who have read four years of Great Books with Wes Callihan (REALLY read them) and have read The Lord of the Rings more times than they will admit.

Even though this reading list is called a "challenge", I am not actually up for a fight. So, I decided that I'm staying with Dostoevsky but am switching to:



The Best Short Stories of Fyodor Dostoevsky. I loved the biographical introduction, and I have just begun to dive into the first story. It was the right decision.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...