Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Today

Thinking about:

In a fractured world, why be afraid to announce Joy? "The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world."

from friend Ann.

Reading:


Ironies of Faith: The Laughter at the Heart of Christian Literature by Anthony Esolen


Bringing It to the Table: On Farming and Food by Wendell Berry

Yes, my summer reading list is completed, and I am moving on to these compelling reads. I'll update on my lists as soon as speech camp is over. Today I am teaching a beautiful group of students about the three areas of limited preparation speeches in our league: Apologetics, Impromptu, and Extemporaneous. I am in over my head, but at this point I am used to that posture. I am always pleased and amazed at how students will rise to the occasion and learn and grow. They are such interesting people.

And for when the busy hours are over and we can sit and talk:



Lava Cap Winery: Highly recommended.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...