Sunday, November 07, 2010

Put thou my tears into thy bottle





Psalm 56:8-12 (KJV)


Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?

When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word.

In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.

Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.

**********


The imagery of God saving our tears in a bottle may very well be why I collect glass on the window sills in the kitchen. When I was a new and young Christian, I read these words and it struck me: my tears, my sorrows, matter. They matter to God.

It is not crying season around here, but there have been times when I had to imagine a bottle the size of New Jersey when I meditated on Psalm 56.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...