Thursday, February 15, 2007

Winter Reading Challenge Update

Still in the midst of:

Jane Austen by Elizabeth Jenkins

The Collected Works of G.K. Chesterton, Volume 20 (Includes Christendom in Dublin, Irish Impressions, A Short History of England and more)


Added to the done pile:

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson

I was absolutely enchanted with Gilead. Housekeeping is beautifully written, but the story line was depressing to me. There are times I enjoy a vicarious trip into anguish and depression; this is not one of those times.

As tall as my "not done yet" pile is, I am delighted with the reading I have kept focused on thanks to this season's reading challenge. The plan at Seasonal Soundings is to start the spring challenge on March 1st; join us if you can.

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...