Sunday, February 07, 2010

An Anniversary, a Bridge and a full life



Today is the 100th Anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America organization. We're not real good at bureaucracy (the homeschooling thing might have been your first clue), but Scouts has been a huge blessing in our lives. Thanks, BSA. You're the best!

It is also the night that my favorite Webelos bridged to Boy Scouts. He has worked hard, and he is ready to be the real deal.

I cried.

Bren was so happy.

During the ending prayer I looked to my right and there was his big brother with his arm around shoulders...right there beside him, ready to welcome him in. I loved it.

And I cried some more.


(Pictures will be posted later when I get them from a friend. I keep forgetting my camera for these really important moments.)

No comments:

Four Years Later

COVID:2 Collage  Four years ago today we all came home for the lock down. Middle school classes conducted by zoom on the deck, college cours...